[plug] Windows upgrades for people and Macs

Kai vk6ksj at siwa.com.au
Wed May 15 23:45:16 WST 2002

Hi James,

No problems for the info.
I did a clean install, using ext3

Things sure have come a long way since I installed 5.2 in '97 :)
Evolution does the trick for a GUI email client, Galeon has a smaller
memory footprint than Mozilla and it's standards compliant so anything
that adheres to HTML 4 works no worries.

GnomeICU works for ICQ, XMMS for mp3's so that's no problem.
I am using old faithfull (google) to see if there's any programs that
can convert MS OE email files to something readable under Linux so I
don't loose all the emails I have saved and stored on my Windows
partition.

Other than that, no problems so far, all I have to do now is get
re-acquainted with everything, no sweat !

If anyone can recommend a mail client, browser, ICQ program, media
player or anything else like that which they think works better than
what I've got listed, please let me know !

Cheers

Kai