[plug] automating the syncing of my laptop/work/home

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri May 17 09:16:52 WST 2002

I am looking at automating (scripting) the syncing my laptop/work/home
to some remote directories across multiple machines/OS's for backup,
access when the laptop is standalone etc.  Only some are on machines
with rsync,which I have used in the past, but all have ftp/scp.  I have
just been reading about "fmirror" and it may do the trick - but does it
do a two way sync?  Is there an scp alternative?

Currently I manually scp/ftp/rsync and have lost files due to finger
trouble so I am looking at a "better way!"  Also the number of files to
keep in sync is getting too many for manual/simple handling.

BillK