FW: [plug] Feral Politicians and Open Source (was: wonder)

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Fri May 17 16:23:41 WST 2002

On Friday 17 May 2002 16:05, bob wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 15:38, Leon Brooks wrote:
>>> I've written to all of them.  Both member and senators.  Not one
>>> response. It's all too hard for the poor dears.
>> Attach a copy of Klez. Maybe they'll get the point. (-:

> Only if they realise they have it :(.

> What they need sending is a modified sircam that does a search for
> confidential files to send out (preferably the ones with info on the
> dirty deals they've done :).

...and combine that with CodeRed/SadMind-like behaviour to publish same on
each website they infect. `FAME! I'm gunna live forever...' (-:

I've often wondered if a super-worm called something random like `A Nightmare
on Bill Street' which went around breaking in to obselete systems, cleansing
and updating them would be fun to build.

unfade
scene: CPU room, many blinking lights and busy screens
Admin: Link's kind of busy... <tappity-tap> Hmmm...
sfx:   Mission Imposible theme
Admin: Mostly FTP traffic... <tappity-tap-tap> ftp.au.debian.org...
       what's Debian? Is that anything like Limewire...? <tap...>
       Oh, bugger, the main webserver's rebooted...
sfx:   mute
Admin: WTF...? Which of you lamers installed this theme, what's it call
       itself, K-D-E-3, on the IIS server?
sfx:   Fanfare for the common man
Admin: Hmmm... <tappity-tap-tap-tap> Oh, well, it seems to be going
       faster now, the reboot must have done it some good...
Xfade: to a 7-segment counter in a darkened room showing 00089784
sfx:   blip!
sfx:   transition counter to 00089785
Man:   Mwhahahahahaahaaaaa!
sfx:   blip!
fade

It's Friday afternoon. Why are you staring at a screen?

Cheers; Leon