[plug] Error running ut

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Fri May 17 17:36:49 WST 2002

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 05:24:44PM +0800, Richard wrote:
> These lines were not there so I added them, but now x will not start with the
> resultant error..
>
> (EE) Failed to load module GLcore (module does not exist, 0)
> (II) [GLX]: Calling GlxExtensionInit

Actually, that should be fine -- you don't want GLcore or DRI enabled
with the nvidia drivers (they're weird  :)

Also, make sure your kernel doesn't have agpgart installed.  The nvidia
drivers use their own AGPGART model, and this conflicts with the current
kernel agpgart stuff.

> >Are the kernel module (NVdriver) and XFree module (nvidia_drv.o) both
> >installed in the correct places?
>
> What are the correct places?

NVdriver should be in
/lib/modules/<kernel_version>/kernel/drivers/video/

nvidia_drv.o should be in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/ or wherever
you have all your XFree modules on your system.

Also make sure you're really running under the nvidia drivers.  Your
XFree config should have a section in it that looks like:

Section "Device"
    # stuff here
    Driver       "nvidia"
    #maybe more stuff here
EndSection

Once you do get things running, you may need to tweak some of the
options to make it stable.  Read the docs that came with the nvidia
drivers for more info on that (it will vary wildly according to your
actual hardware setup, card, etc).

--
 Leon Blackwell                | A nice thing about not planning is
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | that failure comes as a complete