[plug] Setting up Mandrake 8.1 on a PC

Paul Frayne pfrayne at ecel.uwa.edu.au
Fri May 17 19:29:03 WST 2002

Hi everyone,

After years of using windows I have decided to get my hands dirty with
Linux. I am going to install Mandrake 8.1 onto my home computer into its own
partition and make the computer dual boot between Mandrake and Windows 98se.

I have looked on the net to find information on installing Mandrake and to
make sure that should I need to get my hands dirty at the command prompt I
would know something of what is going on.

As you can see, this is my first time (since TAFE in '96) that I have
installed linux and I want to make sure that I don't loose the data on my
home computer - and I will have the critical data backed up just in case!!

So I would appreciate any advice, URL's or information on installing Linux.

Cheers and TIA

Paul