[plug] Small office email problems

Kevin Shackleton kevins at wn.com.au
Fri May 17 21:58:43 WST 2002

A breakthrough with this problem - I set a client to a fixed IP address and filled the
hosts tables on the gateway and on the client with all the machine IPs and names.  I
was then able to pump through a 1 MB email to myself.  Only using ipchains
MASQuerading - no MTA or POP tools.

So I guess the question shifts to: is there a LAN configuration issue I've
overlooked?  I'd rather use DHCP than fixed IP, at least for a couple of the PCs which
may be set up on other LANs.

Thanks,

K.