[plug] mail forwarding.

Andrew Francis lists at sullust.net
Sun May 19 10:05:41 WST 2002

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 06:34:28AM +0800, John Breen wrote:
> I have two debian boxen, one of which is my web/gateway/email server and
> the other my super-grunty desktop machine.  Now, I can forward mail from
> my account on the desktop machine back to the server with a .forward
> file, BUT that doesn't go back through old mail that's already been
> delivered and do things right.

Formail (which usually comes with procmail) has an option to split up a
mailbox and pipe each message to a command. So something along the lines
of (completely untested btw :)

cat /var/spool/mail/mymailspool | procmail -s /usr/bin/sendmail -oi <myaddress>

should do the trick, where <myaddress> is something that will get delivered
to your account on the gateway.

--
Andrew Francis          | To email me, get | ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
Perth, Australia        | the real address |    against HTML email  X