[plug] VERY slow frame rate.

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Mon May 20 23:02:04 WST 2002

>I have a S3 Virge  DX and GLX is working fine as far as i can see.
>The games are all OpenGL games i think as defenguin works fine.

Sorry mate, that's got bugger all grunt, and I'm not sure that it has Open
GL 3D acceleration, there's a drop in replacement called Mesa 3D which
allows non-accelereated cards to still function, yet at a shocking
framerate, which is probably what your card's doing. Get and old nVidia
card, by the sounds of it, you probably don't have an AGP slot, so I'd scout
around for a TNT or TNT2 that's PCI based.

seeya!
anarchist tomato