[plug] ATI Radeon 8500

Adam Ashley adam_ashley at softhome.net
Wed May 22 07:31:03 WST 2002

2D support for the 8500 wasnt added to XFree86 4.2 so a good starting place
is upgrade to a new X. i would suggest going to rh7.3 if you dont feel like
battling with getting X4.2 running under rh6.2

also there is no accelerated 3d support for the 8500 yet. there is a
commercial X server out there with it, but nothing in the free area.

Adam