Evolution (was: Re: [plug] operating multiple e-mail clients)

Alan Graham alan.graham at infonetsystems.com.au
Thu May 23 22:09:33 WST 2002

Probably iffy...  Evolution depends on a lot of ximian stuff, bonobo...
None of this is particularly lightweight.  I've just checked the list of
dependencies, and it's as long as several arms.  Having said that, I'm
running it on a PII 500, and it's lightning fast, unlike Nautilus, which
has similar dependencies but runs like a dog.  I suppose you've got to
try it, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.  The other issue may be disk
space.  You need all of the gnome installs, as well as bonobo, etc...
It's gotta be big.

Alan