[plug] Adobe or similar software

Steege, Phil E phil.e.steege at lmco.com
Fri May 24 00:41:39 WST 2002

Here is a reply from Google groups concerning running Photoshop under Linux:

"     GIMP is a photoshop-clone, and IMHO the featureset of 1.0 is
rapidly approaching (and in some areas surpassing) Photoshop. Check
out the homepage at http://www.gimp.org/ . "

You can run Photoshop, using Vmware, on Linux boxes.  I don't know if
Win4Lin allows that, since I don't know if Photoshop uses DirectX calls.
Win4lin does not support DirectX yet.  Winex supports DirectX 8, so that may
also be a way to try.

Phil