[plug] Firewalls

Nathan D natdan at pobox.com
Sat May 25 18:59:16 WST 2002

At 06:30 PM 25/05/2002 +0800, Kevin Shackleton wrote:
>I have looked at Mason and PMFirewall in the last few days.
>
>Any comments on these or other packages?

While not being the answer for everyone, I find that SmoothWall is a quick
and easy answer for us.  About a 20Mb d/load, then either burn or mount the
iso and away you go.  Very simple web-based interface, and easy to tweak at
the command line if need be.
I use it for the quality and simplicity of the product, but the man behind
it all and his attitude..... that is a whole different story :(  YMMV?

regards,
   Nathan

.  natdan at pobox.com .     /     \
.  Western   Australia .  -> \_,-._/