[plug] How do you switch between KDE and Gnome

Richard wpickett at iprimus.com.au
Sun May 26 01:38:00 WST 2002

On Sunday 26 May 2002 12:35 am, Richard wrote:
> I have just finished downloading Ximian Evolution and it installed ok, but
> has changed my default desktop from KDE to Gnome on all accounts in my
> system (a little embarassing :) I was just wondering if someone could give
> me a rough idea of where the settings that dictate the default desktop are
> kept, and are there any pitfalls to look out for in swapping form one
> desktop/wm to another? I have looked through /etc/bashrc and profile, but
> couldn't see what I was looking for. Thanks.
> Richard

Sorry. I should have mentioned before that I'm using Mandrake8.2. I have got
as far as /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc, which calls exec on /etc/X11/Xsession, but
I'm finding it hard to figure out at what point the default desktop/wm comes
into the picture. If anyone could give me a hint I would be greatfull.