[plug] ADSL modem/router

Kai vk6ksj at siwa.com.au
Sun May 26 23:52:42 WST 2002

Not AFAIK, there's only four ports on the back of the 500.
RJ-12 for the phone line (or is it RJ-11 ?), RJ-45 for the UTP, DB-9
(I'm told it's for console use to initialise the router but I can't be
sure since I've never had the time to properley play with a 500) and a
power socket.

If you wanna buy the 500 for use on a network you'll need a hub unless
you're using a back to back connection.

The 504 has 4 built in switched ports if you want an all-in-one ?
http://www.dlink.com/products/broadband/dsl504/

I'm sure someone'll correct me if I'm wrong :P