[plug] ADSL modem/router

Kai vk6ksj at siwa.com.au
Mon May 27 19:09:12 WST 2002

The router isn't connected through any filter, it's connected directly
the phone line, your phone has to go through the filter to make calls.

A diagram would prolly be easier to explain it:
http://www.westnet.com.au/products/access/broadband/adsl/techdescription.htm

Of course if you substitute the modem with a 504 you can plug in
whatever you want to the 4 switched ports that come with the router and
so long as you configure them correctly through the router it should
work no worries.