[plug] Westnet DSL troubles: probably not linux issue - firmware?

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Fri Nov 1 14:31:57 WST 2002

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 14:17:49 +0800, andre.thomas at switch.aust.com wrote:

| I know this is straying further from Linux, but during all of this did
| anyone come across a firmware update past 1.14AU for the DSL-300?  The
| dlink.com.au site doesnt have any software for it at all, and the latest
| dlink.com.tw has for Australia is the one that is on our DSL-300 already.
|
| According to the TW website:  DSL-300. Firmware Version becomes R1.14AU
| of July,17 2001.  Been a while since the last update...

Ours claims to have firmware R2.05.b4t6, ADSL driver version
1.3.5.03182002.0001.  It came from the Iinet web site somewhere.  If you
want, I can dig up the URL for it.  We've still been getting lousy
connection times with it (almost always <12hrs, generally less).  Back when
we were on dialup, we used to stay connected for 24hrs at a time, often a
lot longer.  Whether it's Telstra, Iinet or D-Link to blame, I don't know.

CP