[plug] could I have worded that better?

Daniel cottmain at plug.linux.org.au
Fri Nov 1 23:50:24 WST 2002

Hello All,
I've been promoting "send someone to linuxconf for free" and someone
told me yesterday they weren't interested in that: they didn't know
anyone suitable who would be able to give a talk. That's way wrong, but
I have my suspicions I've messed up the communication somehow because I
have so few nominations.

The winner just has to be from WA and want to go
Anyone can suggest anyone.

Surely you pluggers know lots of people who it would be good to see
"go to linuxconf for free"

Cheers,
Daniel.
Please no more faked nominations of <bill at m$.com>

oh and in case you missed it first time:
//////////////=+=\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Send someone to Linuxconf for Free - (Professional Ticket & Accom)

The winner gets:

* Accommodation at the on-campus lodgings for the duration of the main
conference (excluding mini-confs)
* Professional Registration for Linux.conf.au 2003
* And iff they live away from Perth - Return economy air ticket from
local airport (yes people who live in Perth are elligible)

Got someone in mind?
E-mail why they should be the one to
RDP <barista at plug.linux.org.au>

the Competition [Sun's Regional Delegate Program, thanks Sun]
http://www.plug.org.au/rdp.html

Linuxconf
http://www.linux.conf.au/

If you miss out remember it's cheap for students.
If someone has already booked and they win then they can get a refund.
If you want the person you put forward to win the more "why" you give us
the more easy it is to choose them.
Hey, if you're really keen get someone else to propose you
(anonymous effusive mailings from your own e-mail address might arouse
suspicion)!

Cheers,
Daniel.