[plug] Grannies Computer

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Nov 4 14:14:25 WST 2002

On Mon, 04 Nov 2002 07:20:49 +0800 I am the LinuxAlien <linuxalien at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> At 21:44 03/11/2002 +0800, you wrote:
> >On Sunday 03 November 2002 06:15 pm, I am the LinuxAlien wrote:
> > > She has a low end machine (p200, 32mb ram - EDO, 500mb hd, CD-ROM, ISA
> > > Sound Blaster) and needs Linux that will fit her needs
> >
> >At least double the RAM before you even start.
> >
> >Cheers; Leon

> Can't, it's packed full. There was the possibility of a computer upgrade
> but that didn't go ahead.
> Tim

Hi Tim

We use 32M on the Computer Angels distro without difficulty. Stick with that for now. You can always upgrade underneath the hard disk if it proves necessary.
I wrote a long screed about the Computer Angels experience late last night but didn't send it. I'll tweak that response and send it later tonight hopefully.

All the best
Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2003		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://linux.conf.au/		22-25 January 2003 in Perth, Western Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.ca.asn.au/