[plug] Verifying Ext3 in use and mode details?

Daniel cottmain at plug.linux.org.au
Tue Nov 5 00:47:23 WST 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 00:06, Daniel wrote:
> Hello Plug,
> I've just updated an ext2 system to ext3 and rebooted with success.
>  - how can I be sure it's done correctly and not dropping back to ext2?
>  - how can I query the setup ie- find out if it's in data=journal mode
> (as my paranoya dictated at the time)
> Thanks very much,
> Daniel.

Relying on my eyesight -fstab is set 'auto'- Mount shows only 2 lines
like ~
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw, gid=5, mode=620)

Found some details thanks to your pointers on my other query:
 /var/log/dmesg        shows

"EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
then later
EXT3 FS 2.4-0.9.17, 10 Jan 2002 on ide0(3,2), internal journal"

I wonder - have I got 'ordered data mode' or 'journal' like I wanted?

Thanks,
Daniel.