[plug] xine

Davyd 'proXy' Madeley proxy at zdlcomputing.com
Sun Nov 10 04:22:45 WST 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 19:55, Jon Miller wrote:
> Has anyone been able to play .mov files using xine-0.9.8-4?  If so
> please enlighten me.  I can only play DivX movies.

Mov is Quicktime correct?
Quicktime has a number of formats, more then anything else it is a codec
for embedding some other codec. Xine can play Sorenson, which was the
old quicktime codec of choice. However nowadays the prefered codec is
Sorenson3, which as of yet has not been reverse engineered.
You may have some luck installing the appropriate dlls into
/usr/lib/win32 although I'm not so sure that you can do that for
Sorenson3 yet.

Read the Xine website for more.

--
http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/
linux.conf.au Perth 2003 <http://www.linux.conf.au>

PGP Fingerprint <http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/pgp>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA