[plug] brid virus

Rob Dunne Rob.Dunne at cmis.CSIRO.AU
Sat Nov 9 20:04:16 WST 2002

Hi list,

      I am getting about tons of email from a mailing
list called ae at emf-lists.org

the list is about electronic music - I think -- and I usually get
one moderated message a month.

Now ae at emf-lists.org has sent out a PE_BRID.A virus
or worm I-Worm.Bridex, W32/Braid-A, PE_BRID.A, Bridex worm
and

1) everyone who gets it and has a virus protection software sends
   an automatic message - whihc gets brodcast to the whole list
2) many people who have gotten 100 of these messages in the last hour
    ask to be unsubscribed (not too politely in some cases) and that gets
   broadcast to the list

When it settles down I might advise them to get rid of Microsoft exchange

			     what fun
				  bye
				  rob

--
Rob Dunne         Fax: +61 2 9325 3200     Tel: +61 2 9325 3263
CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences     +61 2 9325 3100
http://matilda.vu.edu.au/~dunne  Email: Rob.Dunne at csiro.au

        Java has certainly revolutionized marketing and litigation.