[plug] adsl opinions: Pacific Internet

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Wed Nov 13 13:07:51 WST 2002

On Wednesday 13 November 2002 12:44 pm, Denis Brown wrote:
> BTW, any comments / experience with Pacific Internet as an ISP? HQ in
> Singapore, aparently has academic roots (National Uni of Singapore(?)) and
> Linux-friendly.   Offices in Oz, daytime local (Oz) help desk
> support, after hours switches to S'pore or so I'm told.

Have spoken with one of their serious techs, and he knows what _he_ is doing.
Don't know how that goes as a bellwether for the rest of the co.

The media don't understand them because their price list usually consists of a
base price with hardly any bytes, and blocks of several gigabytes that you
add to those if necessary. Everyone else (that I've seen) rolls the gigabytes
into the single base price.

Cheers; Leon