[plug] adsl opinions

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Nov 13 13:14:26 WST 2002

> This work is expected to reduce the number of L2TP disconnections
> currently being experienced by some customers.
>
> [snip]
> ----
>
> This /might/ mean that the DSL-300 is in fact fine and the symptoms I've
> noticed are really being caused by Iinet's own incompetence.  Or maybe I'm
> just confused.

Could be... though remember that notice probably actually means "telstra
are bringing down the network for work since its failing so bloody often
and people are yelling at them about the disconnections issue. We
thought we'd warn you."

After all iiNet has bugger all control over the ADSL infrastructure,
thats part of the problem.

BTW sounds like your problem is a different thing to mine. What do your
   logs show when you lose your connection? Just "grep ppp
/var/log/syslog | grep -v Echo" and post the results.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)