[plug] adsl opinions

Martin marty at supine.com
Wed Nov 13 17:08:51 WST 2002

$author = "Alex Polglaze" ;

> We are looking at upgrading out phone system in the office to multiple
> lines per handsets and have started to obtain quotes.
>
> Interestingly, all of the salesman have recommended that the systems be
> at least ISDN capable because the PSTN is becoming obsolete along with
> ADSL and everything is going to move over to ISDN in less than the
> lifetime of a phone system.
>
> They were also saying that ADSL is really only for home use and
> businesses should not even consider using it for internet connections.

that's so funny i almost fell off my chair.

ISDN is the technology that is going to go by the wayside. optus have
started to offer products which include multiple phonelines and/or data
connections over ADSL rather then ISDN/Onramp/E1...

i'd check that the people your talking to haven't just come back from
Telstra's "Marketing An Obsolete Technology 101"...

marty

--
You turn around and love's passed you by.
You look to ones you love to ask them why?

"There Goes the Fear" - Doves