[plug] starting a linux mag?

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Fri Nov 15 08:42:14 WST 2002

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 01:23:12 +0800 Sham Chukoury <chukours at sesmailp1.curtin.edu.au> wrote:

> Yes, I know, I sound like a kid writing a letter to Santa, but hey... we
> don't have to start off with a bang. Even giant eucalypts start growing
> from tiny seedlings...

.. or "From Little Things Big Things Grow" Paul Kelly :)

Good post, your arguments are convincing. I can't participate but I'm willing to watch (read). How does John feel about championing the idea and seeking structure, form, and content from local Linux people ? It's not a small task but I think it'd be pretty rewarding to see it into life.

> §:)
> Just me... maybe starting to feel a bit of Dr Tomato's headache. Maybe
> it's a virus?

The virus argument is a scurrilous rumour put about by vested interests :) You _know_ who I'm talkin bout. Funny, why do all the BadGuys wear vests ? ;)

Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2003		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://linux.conf.au/		22-25 January 2003 in Perth, Western Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.ca.asn.au/