[plug] Software replacement list

Carl Gherardi C.Gherardi at curtin.edu.au
Fri Nov 15 13:50:41 WST 2002

'lo all,

I remember a while ago on this list there was a community response to the
writer of an article on linux in the west austrlian (sunday times?).

The response was to his email saying "What is the replacement for X program"
and we came up with a fairly lengthy list.

Was that list ever published on the web? I cant seem to find it on the plug
website, I think it'd make a nice addition if its not already there.

Cheers

Carl

NB: I was trying to find out if there is an app under linux that can open or
convert MS Publisher files.