[plug] [OT link] shut down due to unforeseen circumstances?

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sat Nov 16 23:38:42 WST 2002

    http://www.kuro5hin.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2002/11/14/16351/217

    And in other news today, Miss Cleo's Psychic Readers Network has
    agreed to cancel $500 million (USD) of outstanding customer bills,
    as part of a settlement agreement with the Federal Trade Commission.
    They are also required to pay a $5 million fine to the FTC, and to
    shut down their pay-per-call telephone operations.

    Quoth Howard Beales, director of the FTC's consumer protection
    bureau: "I'm no psychic but I can foresee this: If you make
    deceptive claims, there is an FTC action in your future."

http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/11/14/miss.cleo.settlement.ap/index.html

http://www.courttv.com/news/feature/cleo/misscleo_ctv.html

Cheers; Leon