[plug] Spell checking a html document

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 10:17:48 WST 2002

> I am wanting to spell check a html document as it
> appears in a web-browser.
> I have tried using ispell, however this performs its
> spell-check in the raw
> source, which is not really what I am looking for.
> Does anyone know of a
> tool that would allow me to perform a spell check on
> a html file as it
> appears in the web-browser?

I usually just save it as a text file (Mozilla has a
format in Save-As which I presume does the job, or
press P (for Print) in Lynx and "Save as local") and
then ispell on that.

Possibly one of the more "alternative" browsers
(Galeon, Phoenix, etc) may have builtin spell
checking...

Andrew

=====
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are
quick to anger and have not need for subtlety.

http://careers.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Careers
- 1,000's of jobs waiting online for you!