[plug] C, bad syntax etc.

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 18 17:21:02 WST 2002

G'day all! I'm having quite  a few probs with file i/o here, would someone
be able to troubleshoot this code?

#include <stdio.h>
#include <math.h> //i'm whacking in anything i can think of here
#include <string.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
/* whole number storage programme, lecture 16, question 1*/

FILE *fptr;

  main()
  {

  int number[10];
  int count = 0;

     printf("\nEnter your 1st number: ");
     scanf("%d",&number[0]);
     printf("\nEnter your 2nd number: ");
     scanf("%d",&number[1]);
     printf("\nEnter your 3rd number: ");
     scanf("%d",&number[2]);
     printf("\nEnter your 4th number: ");
     scanf("%d",&number[3]);
     printf("\nEnter your 5th number: ");
     scanf("%d",&number[4]);
     printf("\nEnter your 6th number: ");
     scanf("%d",&number[5]);
     printf("\nEnter your 7th number: ");
     scanf("%d",&number[6]);
     printf("\nEnter your 8th number: ");
     scanf("%d",&number[7]);
     printf("\nEnter your 9th number: ");
     scanf("%d",&number[8]);
     printf("\nEnter your 10th number: ");
     scanf("%d",&number[9]);

  do
    {
    fptr = (fopen  ("num.dat", "wa+"));
    fprintf(fptr, " %d", number[count]);
    //flcose (fptr);
    count++;
    }
  while (count < 9);
     return 0;

I'm having two problems here, one is that when I read num.dat, it's only
taking in the first number, I assume the 'count' loop isn't working
properly?
The second problemis fclose(fptr); isn't working, gcc reckons that fclose is
an undeclared variable, shouldn't it work with the headers I gave it? What
must I do?

Tah for your help. :)

Make lunch, not war.