[plug] C, bad syntax etc.

shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Nov 19 12:27:22 WST 2002

Or failing that use python ;)

Erm. Not a c guru, but your general form is going to be;
(pseudocode)
For each line in file
{
      For each character in line
          {
             if character in [1..9]
                 {
                   Perform some sorta action
                 }
          }
}

Now keep in mind that thats the super unoptimised version.
The each-character-in-line bit can be done via a searchstring (or 0-9 search
strings if no regexp is available for the task. But that won't necessarily
help you for whole classes of problem.

What *exactly* is the prob your working on John?