[plug] PCI ADSL cards

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Nov 19 19:40:58 WST 2002

> Are they worth while for saving a few dollars and what brands to look
> for?

I'd be saying "no" on saving a few dollars. It looks like a decent
quality Ethernet-based DSL box is the only way to go currently.

> Do they have an issues?

Binary only drivers. The only one I was able to find when I was looking
around was ( I think ) D-Link , and its drivers were built for 2.4.11 .
I didn't get a response from their support or sales teams. This might be
considerd a hint.

I think the USB modems are much the same, though there may be some with
free kernel drivers but closed userspace tools.

Craig Ringer