[plug] License/Disclaimer for code for clients

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Fri Nov 22 11:19:37 WST 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> I haven't really hit this issue much before. I'm going to be writing some code
> for a client, and want to make it perfectly understood that the code is not
> their property; that it was written using GPL tools and languages, and is
> considered GPL itself, and they can do anything with it they want, but so can
> we, if we want to reuse the code elsewhere.
>
> What's a good paragraph or two that should cover our backs, for inclusion in a
> quote?

INAL but something like:

This application is licensed under the terms and conditcions laid out in the
GNU Public License v2 at: http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl.html

Then you just need to confrom with it when you ship the code.

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!