[plug] APC Linux editorial

garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Fri Nov 22 18:24:18 WST 2002

Just had a quick read of the latest APC.

There is a couple of Linux based articles, some flack for M$; adding up to
what looks like a shift in emphasis..

Then I read the editorial.. He makes particular comment on the barage of
letters favourable to it's Mandrake 9 installation guide and distro inclusion
in the previous edition... While I'm all for Linux's progression, having a
major computer magazine seeming to be surfing the shifting sands of reader
opinion makes the current positive outlook for Linux appear a little
insincere..

To say nothing of the previous pro-MS line...

The positive outcome is that we might see more people willing to at least try
open source options.  I hope so. Mandrake 9 being awarded "OS of the year"
can't hurt!

Garry.