[plug] XML DTD

Chris Caston caston at iinet.net.au
Sun Nov 24 19:09:02 WST 2002

Thanks,

I found one that I like (at least so far) and I've printed it off.

http://www.webreview.com/2000/08_11/developers/08_11_00_2.shtml

I'm going to learn DTD's first. This is partly become DTD's are still
very widely used. The upcomming xcal iCalendar standard uses DTD's. I
was talking to Doug Royer from INET-consulting about this and he way
saying that DTD's were being used because that would allow compatibility
with mobile phones (which still use DTD's).

I was looking at schemas and they seem (at least at the glance I had)
more complex than DTD's. I think schemas, however, have the option of
being more scalable and extendable.

There's a few perl scripts floating around the net that can convert
DTD's to schemas.

Chris