[plug] Weird and I don't know Mandrake 9

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Nov 25 14:50:55 WST 2002

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:43:01 +0800 (WST) "Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima"
<tony at cantech.net.au> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Harry McNally wrote:
>
> > PLUGers
> >
> > I've got a friend with a Mandrake 9.0 install that he is setting up as
> > a server. He did a "Server Install". The problem he is seeing is that
> > the system seems to crash when the screen goes into screen save! Can
> > anyone give some tips of possible causes or where to start looking ?
>
> GL rendering of screensavers?

Thanks Tony

We've chatted through the various optiosn there and he believes he has set
the screensaver to "none". The next thought was to go to run level 3 so X
isn't running and confirm that this is the problem. That way he gets
services running on a site that has been down for a few weeks and starts
tuning from there.

This person is Steve and I'm encouraging him to sign up to PLUG for support
to sort this out (and also because people will keep using the debian word).
<grin>

cu
Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2003		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://linux.conf.au/		22-25 January 2003 in Perth, Western Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.ca.asn.au/