[plug] Fwd: A difference in attitude

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Tue Nov 26 07:33:04 WST 2002

Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 03:04:31 +0800
From: Major <DESPAMMED>

I got an email the other day from the Samba group. They are releasing
a new version because they have discovered a potential security hole;
to quote...

> The word "potentially" is used because there is no known exploit of
> this bug, and the Samba Team has not been able to craft one
> ourselves. However, the seriousness of the problem warrants this
> immediate 2.2.7 release.

meanwhile Microsoft have a bug in explorer which has a well known
exploit which allows an arbitrary program to be run on your machine
if you visit a the bad guy's web site. Microsoft suggest you don't
visit untrusted websites.

Major