[plug] Exim mailbox relocation.

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Thu Nov 28 23:25:34 WST 2002

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, quoth Shayne:

> Most things on the deb boxen relocate beautifully, even across NFS.
> But exim spits hard on it claiming "not a mailbox" (obviously looking
> at the symlink and not the linked to file).

Can you move the entire mailspool, and symlink the directory?

> Also, how does one go about hooking into exim to get it to feed mails
> to a particular email box straight into a bit of code.

set up a .forward in the user's home directory which contains:
|/path/to/funky/code

eg I had a .forward set up that did:
"|IFS=' '&&p=/usr/bin/procmail&&test -f $p&&exec $p -Yf-||exit 75 #zombie"

but I've now got postfix set up to use procmail as it's delivery agent.

 - Matt