[plug] xfree86

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Fri Nov 29 15:41:08 WST 2002

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 03:08:23PM +0800, garry wrote:
> This is but an annoyance, but I'm sure I'm not alone in it..
>
> When you delete text it goes into the copy buffer.. A bit annoying if you
> paste after deleting, you just get the deleted stuff back.. Not happy Jan.

Dunno about other programs, but emacs maintains a "kill ring", which is
a history of deleted and copied text.  After pressing C-y to paste text,
you can press M-y to cycle back through the kill ring, replacing the
text each time.

Can anyone tell me if vim can do a similar thing?

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
That does not compute.