[plug] meetings/membership/library

Davyd 'proXy' Madeley proxy at zdlcomputing.com
Fri Nov 29 20:43:23 WST 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 18:31, indy at THE-TECH.MIT.EDU wrote:

> I am a new arrival to the Perth area,
> and I decided this was the time of my life to try Linux.
> (Up to now MCSE has been the way for me.)
> I don't have a fast internet connection and so I thought
> the best way to get started would be to join the PLUG and
> utilise the library.
>
> I sent email to the address on the website
> <tony at cantech.net.au>
> but I haven't had any reply, so I was wondering if there
> is someone else I should contact?
> (Or do you have so many paying members that one more is not needed.)  ;)

Dear Indy,
Tony is a busy man, so he may not have gotten around to your email yet.
Even if you can't get hold of what you want in the PLUG library, email
around. A number of people have numerous CD's and resources relating to
linux. Another endless resource of knowledge is the University Computer
Club at the University of WA (www.ucc.asn.au).
Have fun with linux.
--davYd

--
http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/
linux.conf.au Perth 2003 <http://www.linux.conf.au>

PGP Fingerprint <http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/pgp>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA