[plug] gpm

Paul Dean paul at thecave.cantech.net.au
Tue Oct 1 00:14:34 WST 2002

Hya Craig,

GPM seems to be funny on your machine.
When we were playing around if you remember we needed to start and stop then
start again gpm for it to work properly.
Remember the "-D" for debug output to the console, for some reason this
allowed gpm to figure out an set the right params for the kernel to
understand.
I not quite sure why it does this but maybe there is something in the
kernel that we overlooked, and when we started gpm the second time the
kernel compensated for any problems.
Your script seems fine to me, I would look closer at gpm and maybe
compiling it with some extra params or have a wade thru the kernel
options, check also you logs for anything unusual

Hope this helps...

--
Paul...

/***** Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to
	recognize a mistake when you make it again.
	-- Franklin P. Jones *****/

/*****All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.
            -- Unknown*****/

/* How smart are Computers? They seem to need instructions all the time...
	-- Me */