[plug] Dell Optiplex260

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Fri Oct 4 09:23:54 WST 2002

Hello, Richard.

Google turned up a fair few references in response to "+linux +82548
+video" including this on describing RH on an IBM laptop which uses that
chip -- user found an ATI Radeon driver to
work:  http://www.karenina.demon.co.uk/a31p/a31p.html

This one refers to HP, again using the same chip (apparently) and ATI
Radeon drivers:
http://www.linuxcare.com/labs/certs/hp/epc-42/rh72-sys.epl

Tossing +dell into the search yielded a couple of dozen of which this one
seems promising, referring to use of the Intel 845 driver while waiting for
an 82548 driver to be released:
http://lists.svlug.org/pipermail/svlug/2002-August/041442.html

For the soundmax... got a few hits of which this one seems to cross
reference the soundmax to an Intel chip:
http://edm.act.cmis.csiro.au/debian/debinstall/MINZ_Dell.html

Sorry if this is well-travelled territory for you, since you mentioned
you've searched for drivers :-(   Hope it helps anyway.

Cheers,
Denis