[plug] ZDNet Australia News & Tech OS SCO takes Linux to Murdoch Univers ity (fwd)

Alex Polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Thu Oct 10 14:10:15 WST 2002

G'day All,

James Elliott wrote:

> The only Microsoft package that got a mention in the whole course was Access
> in the Unit on Databases ... that's OK because Orcale is the king of the
> huge, distributed databases and Access is the best, if not the only,
> relational database for standalone PC's

Not sure where you get your info from regarding Access, but I use D3 and
before that Advanced Pick and before that R83 Pick. This started in
1987. Pick and it's descendants was the original Relational database and
is so advanced they now call it Post relational database.

And BTW, I have been using it on stand alone PC's since 1987.

Alex