[plug] ZDNet Australia News & Tech OS SCO takes Linux to Murdoch Univers ity (fwd)

shayne shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Thu Oct 10 15:41:23 WST 2002

Ah yes... But if the topic is PC as not-linux vibe (Ie windoze) then
PostgreSQL aint better at all. It don't work last time I checked on
windows.

Mysql however is fantastic on the windoze box & the "WAMP" (Windows
Apache Mysql Perl/PHP/Python) configuration blows the
Windows-IIS-Access/MSSQL outa the water.

But other than some performance concerns PostgreSQL & a few... oddities
under strange loads, PostgreSQL rocks.

 I'm not sure how you could argue that Access isn't relational tho?