[plug] OOo - speed

James Elliott James.Elliott at wn.com.au
Fri Oct 11 17:42:53 WST 2002

Hi

Someone from this list was extolling the virtues of Open Office, but had to
admit that it was "slow" to load.  At the time I empathised with those
remarks, loving the software but hating the longish wait for your text
screen or spreadsheet to come up (on my AMD 233 MHz computer).

However, I have just set up a dual boot Athlon 1800.  So far I have
installed Windows XP and OOo .... and FAST!!! - I am delighted !!!

I presume it will be as good or better under Linux.

Regards,

James Elliott