[plug] Uninterupted service network

Jeff Williams jw at globaldial.com
Sat Oct 12 11:54:11 WST 2002

I was wanting to setup up a network where:

All of the servers (www, mail, sql) and their backups are machines on a
192.168.0.* network.
All of the DNS entries for the servers point to the outside address of
the router for the 192.168.0.* network, and the router
uses NAT to send the data to the appropriate server.
In the event of a server down the router routes data to the backup
server, util the master comes back up again.

Now, I don't have a problem with setting up the above, but I what
happens if the router dies? I was wanting any failures to be covered
without manual intervention, but I can't think how you can go to a
backup router. Is there a solution, or am I heading in the wrong direction?

JEff

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that can do binary
arithmetic and those that can't.