[plug] fetchmail / postfix / procmail problem - extra ^M's in mailboxes

Steve Baker sbaker at icg.net.au
Sat Oct 12 17:51:33 WST 2002

I *think* fetchmail is connecting to postfix via port 25.  I don't have
access to the box at the moment to verify that though.  (I just checked the
online manpage for fetchmail, and according to that delivery to the local
SMTP server is the default).  From memory using 'mail' on the local host
gives the same problem as well.

As I mentioned, swapping sendmail in for postfix seems to handle local
delivery OK, so I'm not sure if the fetchmail->postfix mechanism is
important.

Regards,
Steve
--