[plug] [OT] Astroturfing again!

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Oct 15 11:45:51 WST 2002

What amused me, reading the article cached at google, was that:

(a) MacOS 9 & 10 support office, IE, Outlook etc for those who want to
use them. Yay, more virii for me!
(b) The article was clearly written about OS9 due to mention of
multi-user support etc.

Yay, lets compare an obsolete (and, in all honestly, completely crap) OS
to our latest one, trumpet about the virtues of our software (available
on both systems anyway) and say how easy it all was.

Also, apparently all the mac hardware (zip drive, etc) was compatable...
except for the minor issue of the several-thousand-dollar mac. Hrmm. No
mention of that and only a passing mention that "oh, I just got this
laptop with winXP preinstalled"...so  I really didn't have a choice...

That said, I think I'd prefer to gnaw off my own face than use MacOS 9
(I have to maintain them at work and _arrggh_ they're horrid - very
unreliable networking and susceptible to breakage by apps like Quark) -
I'd even use WinXP (after disabling bits and insalling Cygwin) by
preference.

Speaking of MacOS (X in this case): Apple's choice of name, MacOS X,
drives me _nuts_ because now a search on google for "X" is contaminated
by Mac stuff. Try searching for "X Resources". It'll only get worse as
people seem to be referring to the OS a lot as "X" now. Still, if it
means Apple finially ditch the dead donkey (MacOS 9) I'm happy - and
macs will finially have ssh!

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)