[plug] Mirroring specific Debian dists

ryan at is.as.geeky.as ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Sat Oct 19 14:52:25 WST 2002

I'm wanting to mirror JUST the testing release of Debian.

Using the rsync scripts I found simply rips everything from all dists and because all packages from all dists appear to reside in /pool then there is no way to eliminate packages from other dists with simple excludes (or is there?).  All the file references are in the appropriate Packages.gz so that could be built into an include rather than an exclude could it? ... such as a global exclude followed by the include list built from the Packages files.

Are there other scripts or ways floating around for this that people have?  I've seen a few on the debian mailing list archives, but they were fragmented across conversations and I can't find one distinct script to use  ...  or any helpful URLs.

Ryan