[plug] OpenOffice.org Turns Two

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Oct 21 16:51:17 WST 2002

> On Sunday, OpenOffice.org turned two, and today, October 14 (for some :)
> we are celebrating.

In case anybody missed it, OO.o 643 (developer build) is available. I'm
using it now and I've already found it faster and more reliable - not
bad for a pre-alpha but OSS is often a bit like that. IMHO its a must
for anybody with remote terminals, seems to work _much_ better over
remote X, at least on a quick examination.

Still have to disable the font preview menu for remote terminals,
though, unless you want it to take a week to scroll down as the font
server takes ~2s to send each font. Anybody have any ideas on a fix /
workaround for this that allows font previews without the hideous wait?

Still no right-click to save an embedded object (image etc) either. I
get _so_ many idiots sending me an MS word document with nothing but an
embedded image in it... *sigh*.

Anyway 643 installs happily in parallel to 1.0 so its worth giving it a try.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)