[plug] IT Job Seekers / Business start-up peer support group

Chris Caston caston at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 23 22:01:38 WST 2002

Ok there has been some changes to the agenda on the website. There will
also be furhter updates and revisions of the scope document.

If everything goes well then Keith Buddrige will be the spokesperson and
chairperson for at least the duration of the first meeting.

I realise that many students cannot make it at this time as they are in
the midst of their exams. Many of HeadQuarters youth facility IT team
members could not come for this reason.

I would like to thank Bret Busby, Sham Chukoury and John Knight for
their responses.

Basically, we are going to use this time to kick-start things that
everything is ready for you when the exams are over.

I've updated a bit of a time-frame on the scope document. This just an
idea of how things might run. This will become well expanded and more
eventful.

October:

-First public meeting

-Start to create list of contacts

November:

-Second meeting

-(start arranging meetings with key employers and recruitment companies)

December:

-Third Meeting (at a time when most students will have finished)

-Business related speaker

-possible elections

January 2003:

-Possible elections (if not in December)